6th Grade Weekly Update - Final Week
Thanks for coming to Madison everyone! I thought it was a great field trip. I had never done it before and glad I got to experience it.
NEVER TOO EARLY TO START THINKING ABOUT DOING YOUR 5 COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS FOR 7TH GRADE! May as well get it done when you can.
Schedule for this final week:
- Tuesday and Wednesday are fairly normal days of school, as normal as school days can get.
- Thursday is Track and Field Day, Picnic Lunch, Locker Clean Outs, Book Returns
- Friday is our closing service. We will be dismissed at 10:00. Weather permitting, this will be outside.
National Lutheran Junior Honor Society: Incoming sixth - eighth graders for the 2022-2023 school year with a cumulative grade point average of a 3.75 or higher have the opportunity to apply for membership in our National Lutheran Junior Honor Society. This organization is truly one of service where we intentionally seek out ways to serve in both our church and school as well as the greater community and world. One of our main projects has been to support Building Hope in Haiti’s work, raising funds to support two students’ education and donate toward their community medical clinic.
The Application Forms can be found on the spl website -- https://www.splgrafton.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/22-23ApplicationServiceHourForms.pdf -- to print for your use. Service hours and essays as well as letters of recommendation -- for new members only -- are needed, and with the busy summer schedules, I just wanted to give you this information once again. Applications and the documented service hours are due September 19th, 2022.
- NO SCHOOL - Monday, May 30th
- Locker Clean-Out - Thursday, June 2nd
- FINAL BROWN ENVELOPES AND NOW YOU CAN KEEP THEM FOREVER - Thursday, June 2nd
- Track and Field Day - Thursday, June 2nd
- Closing Service - Friday, June 3rd
- Spring Concert NEW TIMES & GROUPS! May 13, 2022 - Includes: Children's Choir, PraisePower, JiVE, JuBellate & ALL 3rd & 4th graders
- Sat, April 23 - Gr. 3-5
- Sun, May 15 - 8am Gr. K-8 students L-Z sing with JuBellate; 11am Gr. K-8 students A-K
- JiVE - Sing for worship, Wed. April 6, meet 4:10pm
- JuBellate - Plays Wed, March 30, meet 4:10pm
- Gr. 2-5 - Ms Valerie Bremer, teacher
- Gr. 6-8 - Ms. Valerie Bremer & Mr. Jamie Fischer, teachers